The role in brief
The Account Executive, and wider account management team, are the bridge between the client and the agency. Account Executives will work to support the account management team in the efficient day-to-day running of accounts, helping the team in delivering desired project outcomes. They need to develop effective working relationships with client contacts, all key agency functions (research and strategy, senior management, account handling, studio), and external suppliers, to maintain a consistently high quality of work.
- Building good working relationships with client and agency contacts, through effective, professional communication and problem solving, working alongside senior management to maintain the client-agency relationship
- Managing the day-to-day administration of the client account, including issuing of invoices, timing plans, estimates and client contact reports as well as agenda creation and consolidating follow up notes)
- Organising a variety of meetings, including room bookings, catering, technology, transport, and business trips as required
- Attending client briefings and calls, gathering relevant data to support the development of creative briefs in response
- Preparing materials for presenting and selling, including creative work or research to support the account lead
- Supporting the development of creative work by documenting client feedback and attending creative review meetings
- Monitoring project deadlines and budgets, identifying and communicating potential
changes that may be required
- Working with the account management team to support on the financials of each project and account, ensuring profitability and timely invoicing and billing
- Maintaining accurate records of meetings, decisions and next actions
- Supporting with any research to maintain the awareness of relevant market trends and developments in the wider advertising and communications industry
- Finding and commissioning suppliers and freelance staff, depending on agency and project requirements
Below is an overview of the experience, skills and knowledge that are required to effectively carry out the duties and responsibilities of the role. These elements will form the basis of selection for the role.
- Must be educated to degree level
- Previous agency experience as an intern or graduate placement
Knowledge, Skills and Motivations
- Interested in advertising, business and communications
- Personable, and able to work effectively with a variety of different people
- Organised, with strong attention to detail and time management skills
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Able to manage projects, budgets and events
- Flexible, and able to solve problems
- Able to juggle competing demands and remain calm under pressure
- Demonstrate passion, enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Good at evaluating creative work; able to give and receive feedback to support its development
We make the complicated simple.
We develop brilliantly clever, creative, and simple solutions for marketing people working in complex, international businesses. We are recognised as experts in B2B marketing, trusted by some of the largest companies and biggest brands in the world. We aim to become the best B2B agency in the world (pound for pound).
We share a set of values and behaviours which have enabled us to reach this position as a team, and which we aspire to deliver every day:
- We care about our clients, and we care about each other.
- We go the extra mile to make things easier for others – simplifying briefs and proposals, clarifying timings, collaborating, and maintaining an open dialogue.
- We create an environment in which our colleagues will thrive and produce their best work, and through which our clients will instinctively turn to us first for help.
- We have the ability to bend, not break, under pressure, and emerge stronger.
- As we strive to grow, and take on even greater challenges, we will continue to learn how to flex and be agile.
- And we help our clients to be resilient when they themselves are under pressure, supported by clear and simple objectives, strategies, processes and timelines.
- We help and empower each other to achieve much more than we could as individuals.
- We encourage and enjoy open collaboration, feedback, and viewpoints from every perspective – as a team, and in our process of working with clients.
- We take responsibility for making other people’s lives easier, without having to take over.
- We’re confident in our abilities, processes and experience, but we should never be cocky.
- We’re not out to impress clients with how smart we are.
- We will always be ready to ask questions, and to express our considered views and opinions as simply as possible, and we’ll encourage and trust others to do the same.
- It’s essential that we will always maintain a hunger to learn and to share, further building our knowledge and expertise, our methods, and our confidence.
- We keep everything as simple as possible to enable us to work quickly, but we will always build in quality checks, giving ourselves time to get things right.
- We set a clear direction, and take collective personal responsibility for delivering, always taking the strain off our clients wherever we can.
- We aim high, and then do it on the fly.
- We recognise individual contributions, whilst always working as a team with common goals. Mutual respect and trust for each other is fundamental.
- We treat suppliers and partners in exactly the same way.
- And we will always be respectful to our clients, taking time to understand their objectives, their perspectives, and their opinions.